What to expect at your upcoming appointment
The Doctors and team members at Brown Family Orthodontics are committed to patient safety. We assure you that we are continuously monitoring and following recommendations from the American Dental Association. In this time of uncertainty, we wanted our patients to know the steps we are taking in response to COVID-19 and what our patients can expect at future appointments.
How we protect you
- All doctors and staff will be wearing appropriate PPE
- In addition to our world-class standards of instrument sterilization, disinfection, and clinical cleanliness, we are also committed to disinfecting all areas affected by touch. Door handles, light switches, seating areas, trash cans, credit card processors, telephones, and every commonly-touched surface will be disinfected throughout the day.
- Adjusting the patient check-in process so as to keep our waiting room traffic to an absolute minimum.
- Stagger the scheduling of patients
- Six-foot minimum when seating patients
- Pre-screen patients for symptoms and exposure
- Temporarily limiting the procedures done in our office
- Restrictions for entering our office
- No public restrooms
What do I do if I have an appointment scheduled and I’m not feeling well?
Orthodontic patients feeling unwell and scheduled for a routine orthodontic adjustment or evaluation should call our office to reschedule their appointment to a date at least 14 days from the day when the patient is no longer feeling unwell.
New AAO protocol will require
Prior to arrival: :
- Patients wear a mask when entering the office until seated.
- Patients will need to brush and floss their teeth before arriving at the office.
- Patients will be asked wellness screening questions prior to appointment.
- The patient’s temperature will be taken before entering the office.
- Please refrain from bringing siblings or extra people to the appointment.
- Checking In – Once you arrive at the office we ask that you text “Here” to phone number. LOUISIANA: 985-231-5929 MISSISSIPPI: 228-591-1885
- If our office does not have your number on file, please include your first and last name as well as the office location. Ex. John Smith Ocean Springs.
- Everyone’s temperature will be taken at the door using infrared thermometers before entering the office. If your temp is 100* or higher you will be sent home and asked to contact your primary care physician.
- Once checked in, we ask that the patient please wait in the car until you receive a text that we are ready to seat you. Once we notify you that we are ready to seat you, a team member will meet you at the door, your temperature will be taken, and you will then be escorted directly to the chair. Parents, we ask that you wait in the car while your child has his/her appointment in order to limit the number of people in the office.
- We ask that patients wear a mask when entering the office until seated, once the appointment is completed we ask that the patient please resume wearing the mask.
If you have questions or special requests, please reach out to us.